20:00
-
-
    
HOCKEY OTB  /  NHL  /  NEWS

Major Unexpected Development in Team Canada World Junior Investigation

Published August 10, 2023 at 2:57 PM
BY DAWSON MCKENZIE

The 2018 Team Canada World Juniors investigation has been ongoing by the NHL since 2022. The case was reopened as the NHL acknowledged it wasn't doing enough to address the actions of some of its players.

Hockey Canada says it is reopening the investigation into the alleged sexual assault by players on the 2018 world junior team.

In an open letter it also acknowledges "not doing enough to address the actions of some members" of that team.




New Information



After the case was reopened, nearly every player on the 2018 team released a statement regarding their lack of involvement in the situation. The 8 players who didn't release a statement immediately took the spotlight as expected players involved in the incident.

On his recent podcast, Frank Severalli revealed that this isn't necessarily the case. He said the following:

"There are some players who said they had nothing to do with this story and made an official statement or asked their agent to make one who are involved."


Immenent Decision



This news is obviously major, as it completely opens up the possibilities of who was involved. It also reveals that Severalli, and likely other journalists, know the list of names who were involved.

It was previously reported that the NHL is on the verge of making a decision regarding the suspensions of the players. It was also reported that it was 5 players involved. With this new information, we will have to wait for the official announcement to know who is at fault.

As read on Habs Fanatics - "Dramatic turn of events in connection with Team Canada 2018 concerning the five suspended players"
POLL
August 10   |   68 answers
Major Unexpected Development in Team Canada World Junior Investigation

Should the players be suspended from the NHL for life?

Yes2841.2 %
No4058.8 %
LIST OF POLL
Latest 10 stories